Below is a list of the 10 most downloaded papers for September 2013 from LSHTM Research Online, the School’s publically accessible online database of research from the School.
1. Michael, M; King, L; Guo, L; McKee, M; Richardson, E; Stuckler, D; (2013) The mystery of missing female children in the caucasus: an analysis of sex ratios by birth order. International perspectives on sexual and reproductive health, 39 (2). pp. 97-102.
2. Pathai, S; (2013) Does HIV accelerate the aging process? An assessment of clinical, ophthalmic and serum parameters in HIV-infected individuals in South Africa. PhD thesis, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
3. Dangour, AD; Watson, L; Cumming, O; Boisson, S; Che, Y; Velleman, Y; Cavill, S; Allen, E; Uauy, R; (2013) Interventions to improve water quality and supply, sanitation and hygiene practices, and their effects on the nutritional status of children. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online), 8. CD009382.
4. Nyanzi, Stella; (2008) Negotiating scripts for meaningful sexuality an ethnography of youths in the Gambia. PhD thesis, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
5. Ederle, J; Dobson, J; Featherstone, RL; Bonati, LH; van der Worp, HB; de Borst, GJ; lo, TH; Gaines, P; Dorman, PJ; MacDonald, S; +337 more... (2010) Carotid artery stenting compared with endarterectomy in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis (International Carotid Stenting Study): an interim analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Lancet, 375 (9719). pp. 985-997.
6. Antithrombotic Trialists' (ATT), Collaboration; Baigent, C; Blackwell, L; Collins, R; Emberson, J; Godwin, J; Peto, R; Buring, J; Hennekens, C; Kearney, P; +4 more... (2009) Aspirin in the primary and secondary prevention of vascular disease: collaborative meta-analysis of individual participant data from randomised trials. Lancet, 373 (9678). pp. 1849-60.
7. Thomson, H; Thomas, S; Sellstrom, E; Petticrew, M; (2013) Housing improvements for health and associated socio-economic outcomes. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online), 2 (2). CD008657.
8. Emerging Risk Factors Collaboration (inc Fletcher, AE; ) Sarwar, N; Gao, P; Seshasai, SR; Gobin, R; Kaptoge, S; Di Angelantonio, E; Ingelsson, E; Lawlor, DA; Selvin, E; +9 more... (2010) Diabetes mellitus, fasting blood glucose concentration, and risk of vascular disease: a collaborative meta-analysis of 102 prospective studies. Lancet, 375 (9733). pp. 2215-22.
9. Ahmad, A; (1979) Sex-Differential Mortality, Health Care and Family Planning: A Study of the Status of Women in the NWFP of Pakistan. PhD thesis, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
10. Walker, Damian; (2006) Efficiency of primary health care in low and middle-income countries : case studies from Bangladesh. PhD thesis, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
If you are an LSHTM author and would like find out how you can make your research available in LSHTM Research Online see our FAQs or contact us.