This month's top 10 downloaded papers from LSHTM Research Online, the School’s publically accessible database of LSHTM research.
1. Michael, M; King, L; Guo, L; McKee, M; Richardson, E; Stuckler, D; (2013) The mystery of missing female children in the caucasus: an analysis of sex ratios by birth order. International perspectives on sexual and reproductive health, 39 (2). pp. 97-102.
2. Goodman, A; Panter, J; Sharp, SJ; Ogilvie, D; (2013) Effectiveness and equity impacts of town-wide cycling initiatives in England: A longitudinal, controlled natural experimental study. Social science & medicine.
3. Nyanzi, Stella; (2008) Negotiating scripts for meaningful sexuality an ethnography of youths in the Gambia. PhD thesis
4. Antithrombotic Trialists' (ATT), Collaboration; Baigent, C; Blackwell, L; Collins, R; Emberson, J; Godwin, J; Peto, R; Buring, J; Hennekens, C; Kearney, P; +4 more... (2009) Aspirin in the primary and secondary prevention of vascular disease: collaborative meta-analysis of individual participant data from randomised trials. Lancet, 373 (9678). pp. 1849-60.
5. Dangour, AD; Watson, L; Cumming, O; Boisson, S; Che, Y; Velleman, Y; Cavill, S; Allen, E; Uauy, R; (2013) Interventions to improve water quality and supply, sanitation and hygiene practices, and their effects on the nutritional status of children. Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online), 8. CD009382.
6. Ederle, J; Dobson, J; Featherstone, RL; Bonati, LH; van der Worp, HB; de Borst, GJ; lo, TH; Gaines, P; Dorman, PJ; MacDonald, S; +337 more... (2010) Carotid artery stenting compared with endarterectomy in patients with symptomatic carotid stenosis (International Carotid Stenting Study): an interim analysis of a randomised controlled trial. Lancet, 375 (9719). pp. 985-997.
7. Pathai, S; (2013) Does HIV accelerate the aging process? An assessment of clinical, ophthalmic and serum parameters in HIV-infected individuals in South Africa. PhD thesis
8. Emerging Risk Factors Collaboration (inc Fletcher, AE; ) Sarwar, N; Gao, P; Seshasai, SR; Gobin, R; Kaptoge, S; Di Angelantonio, E; Ingelsson, E; Lawlor, DA; Selvin, E; +9 more... (2010) Diabetes mellitus, fasting blood glucose concentration, and risk of vascular disease: a collaborative meta-analysis of 102 prospective studies. Lancet, 375 (9733). pp. 2215-22.
9. Emerging Risk Factors Collaboration,(inc Fletcher, AE; ); Kaptoge, S; Di Angelantonio, E; Lowe, G; Pepys, MB; Thompson, SG; Collins, R; Danesh, J; (2010) C-reactive protein concentration and risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, and mortality: an individual participant meta-analysis. Lancet, 375 (9709). pp. 132-40.
10. Walker, Damian; (2006) Efficiency of primary health care in low and middle-income countries : case studies from Bangladesh. PhD thesis
If you are an LSHTM author and would like find out how you can make your research available in LSHTM Research Online see our FAQs or contact us.