The annual reload allows Ovid to update the database, reconfigure the data and add any new MeSH terms. Updates for 2012 include:
- Pharmacological Action limit added to limits
- New MeSH terms including: coinfection, disease resistance, drinking water, numbers needed to treat, occupational injuries, patient safety, reproductive health, sex workers, social media, text messaging, water quality. A full list of new MeSH terms is available at
Note that the new terms will only be added to articles added to the database from 01 January 2012. They will not be retrospectively added to articles already added to the database.
- Changes to MeSH terms are listed at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/prefterm_change.html. There are a few changes which may be of interest to School staff and students.
- Deleted MeSH terms are listed at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/deleted.html. These will not be deleted from articles already indexed with these terms, however from January 2012, the replacement terms will be used instead.
- A complete list of the changes made to MeSH for 2012 is given at